Sunday 1 March 2015

Dechoxing for the British Heart Foundation

I'm joining the likes of Kim Marsh, and thousands of others, by challenging myself to a DECHOX and giving up chocolate for March to raise money for lifesaving heart research.

In November 2001 my father passed away as the result of a sudden and massive heart attack. The following year my sister-in-law ran the London Marathon, raising money for the British Heart Foundation and, quite frankly, it's about time I did something big in the hope of helping to make a big difference for the charity too.

As anyone who knows me will realise (especially people who've sat beside me in the dealers' room at a convention), giving up chocolate in all its forms is going to be no mean feat. That said, the benefits could be huge - I might lose some weight, for a start. But it's not going to be easy, and that's where you come in.

Please consider sponsoring me. Any donation is most welcome, no matter how small (or how large for that matter). You can do so very simply here, through my JustGiving page.

I'll finish by letting you check out the advert for the campaign, which, bizarrely, features my godson as Terry, a very well-spoken policeman. (And yes, I believe he is available to work on new projects.)



No comments: