Friday 20 July 2012

Gamebook Friday: G*M*S Magazine

I first met Paco Garcia-Jaen at Dragonmeet 2011. He interviewed Neil Rennison and myself about Tin Man Games' Gamebook Adventures, an interview that later formed part of a podcast.

We ran into Paco again at this year's UK Games Expo where he interviewed the two of us again, this time on camera. And the video of the interview is now up. (Our bit begins at about the 12 minutes 40 second mark.)



And while we're on the subject of Paco Garcia-Jaen and G*M*S Magazine, Paco also reviewed Temple of the Spider God back in December. I liked these bits in particular:


The story is, to say the least, gripping... The story is just fantastic, the writing is very appropriate... providing plenty of descriptions clear enough to help create a good visual reference in your mind of where you are and what’s happening. And it is a lot deeper than you expect too. It was only after the first time I rushed to the end, and the book begun to ask me if I had items I should have collected in the way, that I realised how much more to it there was. And I had to start again. With pleasure. 


If you are a parent, you must buy this book and read it with your children... If you are one of those lucky ones who grew up with Fighting Fantasy, this is the time to have a good time again. Great story, easy mechanics and a ton of fun! (5 out of 5 Stars) 


You can read the complete review here.

2 comments:

Ashton said...

Beautiful. What a great interview. I am exactly one of those kids from the 80's reading it then, and now getting to see it all come back to life. Rock on.

Jonathan Green said...

Thanks very much!

If you're riding the wave of gamebook nostalgia, you should check out my latest publication, HERALD OF OBLIVION.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/herald-of-oblivion.html