Saturday 2 June 2012

Short Story Saturday: Small Press Saturday?


I seem to be writing more and more short stories for Small Press publications this year. (And this after I decided not to task myself with writing twelve shorts in 2012!)

Yes, I still write short stories set within the worlds of Warhammer, Warhammer 40,000 and Pax Britannia on a semi-regular basis but my horror portfolio and weird fiction library are growing thanks to the wonders of the Small Presses. These are the publications where I get to try out new ideas, new ways of writing, which I believe is making me a better writer, with some of the techniques learned slowly starting to slip through into my more 'mainstream' work - if any of it could ever really be called mainstream!

So with that in mind, today I'm going to update you on a couple of Small Press things I've got going on.


Saturday 30 June - the Forbidden Planet London Megastore will be hosting an event with a difference – welcoming a host of authors and editors from four small press publishers into a mini convention in our very own store! This will include Pandemonium Fiction and I will be among those signing copies of Stories of the Smoke.

Saturday 30 June - is also the scheduled release date for Resurrection Engines, edited by Scott Harrison and published by Snowbooks.

July 2012 - will see the publication of World's Collider, the shared world anthology I've been involved in. In fact my story is the first in the collection and kicks everything off. Edits when back this week so everything appears to be on schedule. Fifty million people died in the Collision. They were the lucky ones…



More news on  Resurrection Engines and  World's Collider when I have it. Until then...


No comments: